Monday, September 8, 2008

Today is the day

Today I gave money to the Language Training Institute who are going to (eventually) grant me my TESOL certification.

Having spent the past 3 years and 5 months trawling the net, boring people witless and banging my head against brick walls trying to find ways of getting back to Scotland, it feels quite strange to be making plans to travel somewhere else.

It is scary, in fact. That little dream of life forever in Scotland has kept me chortling along through some dark, very dark, days.

Hell, thoughts of Scotland (Isle of Skye particularly) got me through 12 hours of labour.

Yes, that's right. There has been a small person following me round and calling me 'mother' for a couple of years now.

2 comments:

The Alicat said...

Do you already have your TEFL Cert, or are you getting one...? I've been doing this for a while so if you have any questions I;ll be happy to help. Good luck!Oh, and Blog for yourself. I started my blog thinking that NO ONE was reading it. Boy was I wrong. Just have fun with it.

saoghalbeag said...

Thanks, Alicia. I found your blog just as I was deciding whether tesol/tefl was 'the answer' to my itchy feet probs and read it through from start to finish one day - it was really great to see how much you changed etc because that's one of the big reasons I am wanting to head overseas again. Plus I really want to go to Eastern Europe. I'm starting my tesol course next week - can't wait!