Thursday, September 25, 2008

The books came!

My Tesol books came in the mail yesterday!! Delivered out here in the sticks by my sister. Wee daughter and I are minding the caravan park for Mum while she is off galavanting.

Strangely they have provided guide books that look like workbooks and workbooks that look like novels...bit frustrating really as I would like to take the texts and workbooks with me overseas but they are too bulky. They also mention CD copies of readings and workbooks on their website but so far no sign of these...

I read through the guidelines for study last night. It was almost like starting Year 8 again: reading everything from cover to cover...(nerd!).

<-- How things were looking about midnight...yes, that is the Collins World Atlas peeking out. Despite having (briefly) been a teacher of Geography and winning a Geography competition when I was in Year 11, I still mix my Bratislavia's with my Uzbekistans...

At least I am more motivated for this course than any of my previous Tafe misadventures. The best part (now that I've read Unit 1) is that (unlike previous Tafe course) this all makes complete sense to me and I know the answers to the questions without thinking!

Apart from reading the books and worrying about whether I want to write into the workbook (it looks like a novel or a travel guide, dammit), I am looking for jobs. Oh how I hate job hunting. Plus as much as I'd like to take on a job overseas, I don't have enough money to fund travel at the moment.

Thinking about New Zealand again: managing a hostel there. I've also noticed a few jobs teaching English in NZ (more than I've noticed locally) so perhaps this would not be a bad starting point? Go and chull wuth the Kuwus fur a whulle, hehehe.

(the extent of my knowledge of all things Kiwi)

No comments: