Saturday, February 7, 2009

The best job in the world...?

Oh my Lord...some of you may have seen this on the news or perhaps the advert on tv. I was on Lonely Planet's Thorntree Forums and came across some desperate soul trying to pimp his cause on there, and I followed the link...

If nothing else, the website confirms that there are some VERY strange (and delusional) people on the planet. There are 8000 applicants so far and my computer is old and crappy so here are just a few...

Susan I think my Nanna would vote for her. Feed the fish???!!!

Helen for the glamour shot she chose as her avatar alone. Did she not realise the selection panel would also watch the video?

A few were quite good - in terms of technical aspects. Haven't posted them here because we only want to see the outlandish ones, right?? What I don't understand is why so many people thought they had to use the 1 minute to educate the Queensland Tourism Board on the island, the Great Barrier Reef and Australia...just in case they don't know or...?

Like this guy. (What the hell, he was born in 1770??)

Okay, until the last 2 seconds I was voting for this guy! Maybe not Hamilton Island but surely there's another island somewhere that needs a policeman? He's not like the ones on The Bill.

Help! Help! Do you think this guy has family voting for him?? "I am jobless...I want to spend six months on this island to make-a the tax" He's in the top 3 based on popularity!

Ugh. I can't watch any more, but it's brilliant marketing. I don't even want to visit the Whitsundays, yet I found myself suddenly longing for the job (only for a nanosecond...now if it had been a SCOTTISH island seeking a Caretaker you'd be laughing hysterically at my application video right now :)

No comments: