Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another cup of tea, love?

Oh yes please. I've definitely had more than half a dozen cups today...as well as a cappucino whilst passing on the baton to Mum down the street (the baton being my darling girl :)

Trying to get my first major assignment organised for my Masters...amidst dire computer issues. I have some sort of Internet Explorer problem: after a random amount of time online, I receive a Microsoft error message. If I click "Don't Send", it immediately shuts down any web pages I have open. If I click "Send" it really starts looking like a virus and starts asking me personal questions etc. Oh, and it also started redirecting me to random pages from google searches...

I have spent the better part of the last month trying to sort the damn problem out via a flurry of emails with my Antivirus provider (BullGuard, if you're interested). I've been with them since I bought the laptop in 2006 and I don't recall ever having a problem in that time.

I couldn't afford (the time OR money) to put the thing in for servicing and as it was dated and not keeping up with the workload anyway, I bought a new one (an EEE PC which I will introduce another time!). Technically it was courtesy of Kevin Rudd's stimulous package but as that also helped pay the rates and new tyres and car servicing I may also owe my credit card provider some love...oh I hate being poor!

Anyway: sadly I managed to screw up and transfer the virus to the eee pc *sad face* so I am still suffering...thankfully the lecturer has been understanding of my plight and granted me a few days grace to finish the assignment (which I am flaunting by posting on here but technically it is related to the course so it counts as hard work :)

Back to the digital revolution: the article I have chosen for the paper is on pop culture pedagogy and the possible end of school as we know it. I have found some fascinating info on possible schools of the future and whether there will be any schools at all! Will have to come back later to provide links as the Internet Explorer error message has popped up and will probably shut me down soon!

No comments: