Thursday, October 9, 2008

One more thing...

The whole purpose of this morning's blogs (when I really should have been getting dressed and ready to head to the library for Friday morning Storytelling and Craft) was because I stumbled across this (on silversprite's blog):

The Isle of Berneray e-shop. They sell such delights as a

as well as this (my personal favourite): a keepsake box adorned with a local black face:

and of course, the Berneray calendar. This is the single page version. You can also buy a 12 months calendar (okay, of course they're all 12 months but this one has a picture a month):

With all the drama going on in Kyleakin at the moment, it is refreshing to see a village who have embraced modern technology and are doing what they can to keep their home alive.

REALLY should be at the library by now, so more on Kyleakin at another time.

2 comments:

Marianne said...

What's happening in Kyleakin?? Saucy Mary returned?
HA! You crack me up, girl...
Hey, here's the blog of my friend who's teaching English in Korea (sorry, he's Canadian...), in case you want to get in touch: petersaurus (at blogspot)
¡Hasta pronto!

saoghalbeag said...

Ahh, Kyleakin - you will have to stay tuned and subscribe to my blog for that kind of information! Be my follower! I joined a couple of blogs as a follower without really understanding what it meant, then the next time I glanced at them, there I am, tagging along - the ONLY one! Loner!

Damn Canadians are everywhere...perhaps I should blog on them???